Wednesday 24 October 2007

The Search and The Find

I watched with joy as one of my very good friends got married on Saturday, the 20th of October, 2007. Exactly 6 years after they got engaged. Okay so she's not the first of my friends to get married, then why the hype?

Often times, there's always a little history before a woman gets married. I'm talking about the X-factor, yes the X-boyfriend, or boyfriends as the case may be. Call me old-fashioned, call me conservative, but the truth is we(women)are better off without those "X"es.

This marriage resulted from my friend's one and only relationship. Apart from her Christian upbringing, I often wondered what made her a little more reserved towards the guys in the university. Don't get me wrong though, it wasn't that she wouldn't talk with them, but there was just a way she conducted herself around them.

This is not to say that you have to be engaged before you conduct yourself in an appropriate manner, but you should at all times.

I on the other hand thought myself a free-spirit. I'd hug all the guys, jump on them, talk nasty with them. Of course this "free-spiritedness" had its consequences,though at the time, I felt i was living life and having fun. I look back now and wish that I had calmed down and not let my excitement and eagerness to "feel among" get the better of me.

It was my dream as a young girl that whoever I dated would be the person I'd marry. Even though I didn't live that dream, I'm a strong advocate for it.

There is another detail of great importance in all this. The seal of approval from God. No matter how good you think a guy or girl is, only God can see the whole true picture. So when you think you've stumbled upon Mrs. Right or Mr. Right, take them up to the Lord in prayer for approval before going toO deep.

Congratulations to Mr&Mrs. Fabajo. God bless you and keep you. I await the naming ceremony.

No comments: