Wednesday 15 October 2014

One Strand Of Grey




Most times, a lot of us are prepared for puberty. We get the lectures from the time we are seven or eight years old. So it doesn't come as a surprise when things start to happen.

But I am not too sure if we were lectured about the aging process...probably because it's something that we are old enough to understand by the the time it starts happening. 

I remember plucking white hairs off my father's head or pulling out long white strands from my mother's.

However none of those experiences prepared me for the moment I saw my first grey hair. YIKES!!! It's happening to me too? Ok, so I freaked out a little. I wasn't too thrilled at the discovery. My imagination went into a little hyper drive envisioning wrinkles, sagging skin and tired muscles along with toothless gums...but that is still a long way off, God giving me the grace.

So I put out my question to you.

What was your first reaction when you saw your first grey hair?

No comments: